YouTube is testing Material Design on the web version
Apparently, there was another redesign of the web version of the popular video hosting YouTube. This time the service will cover belated “material” wave, which began in 2014 with the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop. Fresh design of the web version of YouTube is already being tested — some users can try.
The screenshots of the new web version of YouTube is taken from the portal Android Police, which reported about the fresh design. That’s how different the old and new design:
Radical nothing — developers are more “combed” the web version, made it more neat and easy to use. Some buttons with names turned into simple icons.
Much changed side Burger menu:
Steel round icons, and menu items increased — a typical characteristic of “materiality“.
Take advantage of the new design and everyone can (to execute you need to log out of your account):
- Open YouTube on the link https://www.youtube.com/?gl=US.
- Open the developer tools (ctrl+shift+i).
- Click on the tab “Resources” or “resources” and delete the VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE cookie for the domain YouTube.
- Go to console and set the cookies VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE another value like the following:
- Reload the page from YouTube.